Win scholarship in ACT student video contest

-A A +A

 ACT is sponsoring a video contest to encourage high school juniors and seniors to share their reasons for taking the ACT test.

The student with the winning video will receive a $5,000 scholarship to college. Second- and third-place winners will receive $2,500 and $1,000 scholarships, respectively. Seven other finalists will each receive a $500 scholarship.

ACT will judge the videos based on the following criteria: creativity, 25 percent; visual appeal, 25 percent; and overall content, 50 percent. The Top 10 videos will be placed online and students will vote for their favorite.

Participants must be U.S. high school students who plan to apply for 2012 or 2013 college admission to a U.S. two-year or four-year institution.

The ACT is a curriculum-based college achievement test. It measures what students have actually learned in school. ACT scores are accepted by all four-year colleges and universities across the country.

Video entries of three minutes or less will be accepted until Sept. 11. Winners will be announced by Oct. 10.

If you subscribe to the newspaper, you receive FREE access to all the exclusive content of the web site! Simply register to receive uninterrupted access to our award-winning and in-depth local online content!

Renew Current or Past Subscription / Register for Online Subscription

If you currently subscribe or have subscribed in the past to the Chiefland Citizen, then simply find your account number on your mailing label and enter it below.

Click the question mark below to see where your account ID appears on your mailing label.

Newspaper Acct. ID:
Street Address:
(exactly as it appears on the label)

If you are a subscriber and you do not know your account ID or don't have a copy of your newspaper available that shows the information on the address label you can click continue below to search for your account.

New Subscription/30 Day Free Trial Account

If you are new to the award winning Chiefland Citizen and wish to get a subscription or simply gain access to our online content then please enter your ZIP code below and continue to setup your account.

ZIP Code:

Create a limited access account.
Register to participate in community forums, post on the community calendar, blog etc. This registration does not give you full access to read our award winning content, etc.

Chiefland Citizen | circulation@chieflandcitizen.com | 352-493-4796
624 W Park Avenue, Chiefland, FL 32626
Office Hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday