- Special Sections
- Public Notices
BRONSON - A traffic stop conducted by Levy County Sheriff's Deputy Jimmy Anderson on a 2007 Saturn reported stolen from Alachua County resulted in an arrest.
Marcus Daine Bolden, 28, of Brunswick, Ga., was arrested for grand theft auto when Anderson stopped him just after midnight on March 27.
A search of Bolden uncovered a small plastic bag with marijuana in it, Anderson said. Then the deputy found 31 pieces of crack cocaine in a white pill bottle.
In addition to being charged with grand theft auto, Bolden was arrested for misdemeanor possession of marijuana, possession of cocaine, driving while license suspended or revoked and violation of probation. He had been put on probation for possession of cocaine with intent to sell.
He is being held without bond.
Other deputies with the Levy County Sheriff's Office recently arrested the following people. Suspects are presumed innocent until they are proved guilty in a court of law.
* Ivan Stakes, 37, of Ocala was arrested March 28 for burglary of an occupied dwelling and battery. Bond $10,000.
* Brandon McFarlan, 25, of Trenton was arrested March 28 for false imprisonment. He was released on his own recognizance (ROR).
* Leigha Touchton, 23, of Trenton was arrested March 28 for domestic battery. ROR.
* Rebecca Ann Blackerby, 21, of Chiefland was arrested March 25 for grand theft auto. Bond $1,000.
* Virginia Tindale, 17, of Chiefland was arrested March 25 for grand theft auto. In Florida, the name of a juvenile charged with a felony can be published.
* Duane Steven Chartrand, 15, of Bronson was arrested March 25 for lewd or lascivious molestation at Summit Academy for allegedly touching another student in a sexual manner. In Florida, the name of a juvenile charged with a felony can be published.
* Michael R. Dill, 40, of Morriston was arrested March 25 for aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and domestic battery. Bond $11,000.
* Robert H. Martin, 31, of Bronson was arrested March 22 for aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and domestic battery. Bond $12,500.
* Theresa Lynn Reeder, 48, of Old Town was arrested March 22 for driving while under the influence of alcohol, refusal to submit to a breathalyzer test and driving while license suspended or revoked (DWLSR). Bond $10,500.
* Charles R. Johnson, 46, of Gainesville was arrested March 22 for DWLSR. Bond $3,500.
* John Andrew Flynn, 30, of Green Acres was arrested March 21 for four counts of grand theft, four counts of uttering forged bills, checks, drafts or notes, and four counts of forgery. Bond $60,000.
* Tommy Lee Hall, 39, of Chiefland was arrested March 22 for domestic battery and introduction of contraband into a detention facility. Bond $55,000.
* James E. Murphy, 25, of Wildwood was arrested March 27 for domestic battery. ROR.
* Michelle Fowler Osteen, 41, of Cross City was arrested March 26 for forgery. Bond $5,000.
* Harvey Eaglin, 28, of Yankeetown was arrested March 26 for domestic battery. No bond.
* Shelia M. Zubek, 51, of Chiefland was arrested March 26 for larceny. ROR.
* Isidor Vigil, 41, of Bronson was arrested March 22 for battery. Bond $3,500.