- Special Sections
- Public Notices
A 50-year-old Morriston man was arrested for aggravated assault with a deadly weapon on Dec. 18 after he allegedly pointed a pistol at a victim, according to Levy County Sheriff's Office records.
Jorge L. Sanchez had been arguing with the victim. Sanchez pointed the gun at the victim, who defended himself and took the gun away from the attacker, according to records.
The victim escaped with the weapon, which was retrieved by the LCSO, according to records.
Bond was set for Sanchez at $10,000.
Any person accused of a crime in the United States is presumed innocent until he or she is proved guilty in court. Other people accused of crimes and arrested by the Levy County Sheriff's Office include the following:
* Benjamin L. William, 24, of Chiefland was arrested Dec. 14 for two counts of possession of marijuana with intent to distribute and two counts of sale of marijuana. Bond $25,000.
* Connie M. McCormick, 51, of St. Petersburg was arrested Dec. 14 for fraud-impersonating another person, fraud-illegal use of credit cards and fraud-false statement to obtain credit or property. Bond $15,000.
* Terry D. Miller, 45, of Williston was arrested Dec. 14 for burglary and battery. Bond $11,000.
* Michael E. Blaisdell, 45, of Chiefland was arrested Dec. 16 for cruelty toward a child. Bond $10,000
* Shelley N. Pursley, 24, of Williston was arrested Dec. 15 for grand theft. Bond $5,000.
* Anthony S. Riddle, 23, of Williston was arrested Dec. 16 for driving while under the influence of alcohol and refusal to sign citation. Bond $5,000.
* Wesley C. Johnson, 27, of Chiefland was arrested Dec. 16 for fraud-insufficient funds. Bond $2,000.
* Noel Sanchez, 28, of an unknown address was arrested Dec. 19 for no valid driver license. Bond $500.
* Thomas E. Crutchfield, 46, of Bronson was arrested Dec. 20 for non-support. $1,000 cash purge.
* Shaun Snyder, 16, of Williston was arrested Dec. 17 for armed burglary of a residence and grand theft. The name of a juvenile arrested for a felony in Florida can be published.
* Jerry W. Meeks, 59, of Chiefland was arrested Dec. 14 for violation of a judge's order. No bond.
* Robert Kovacik, 17, of Inglis was arrested Dec. 14 for aggravated battery on a detainee. The name of a juvenile arrested for a felony in Florida can be published.
* Dorina R. Cruz, 36, of Fanning Springs was arrested Dec. 15 for domestic battery. Bond $2,500.
* Anita Green, 51, of Bronson was arrested Dec. 18 for battery on a person older than 65 years. She was released on her own recognizance.
* Vernon H. Davis, 24, of Chiefland was arrested Dec. 18 for larceny. Bond $500.
* Joshua L. Clarke, 26, of Inglis was arrested Dec. 15 for disorderly intoxication. Bond $500.
* Gary M. Clark, 18, of Chiefland was arrested Dec. 19 for driving while license suspended or revoked. Bond $2,000.
* Anthony L. Schubert, 19, of Cedar Key was arrested Dec. 16 for grand theft. Bond $1,500.
* Brandy N. Spearin, 21, of Tampa was transported from Hillsborough County and was arrested Dec. 14 for writ of bodily attachment, which is generally for child support. Cash purge of $300.
The following people were arrested recently for failure to appear in court (FTA) or violation of probation (VOP):
* Jeremy Getman, 31, of Dunnellon, FTA-change of plea on a charge of exploitation of the elderly.
* Eric Crandell, 30, of Chiefland, FTA-battery.
* Lyle Wilkerson, 33, of Trenton, VOP-stalking, VOP-trespass and VOP-criminal mischief.
* Edith Cannon, 32, of Cross City, VOP-fraud.
* Ricky James Jones, 49, of Orlando, VOP-lewd and lascivious assault on a child.
* Allen C. Tate, 20, of Archer, VOP-felonious battery.