- Special Sections
- Public Notices
• Rudolph's Run
9 a.m., Check in and pick up your packet at the Chiefland High School football field between 7-9 a.m. The first 50 entrants get a T-shirt and jingle bells. The cost is $20 pre-registration (send to the Chiefland Chamber) or $25 the day of the run. Contact Prentice Spann 352-463-6440 for more details.
• Friends Book Sale
9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Chiefland Friends of the Luther Calloway Public Library book sale, located at the white octagon building on N.E. 1st Ave., near the police station.
• SVP auditions
10 a.m., auditions at the Chief Theater for the upcoming play "Annie Get Your Gun." The production needs 25 actors, ages 15 and up, and between 2 and 4 actors between 8 and 14 years of age.
• Chiefland Christmas Festival
5 p.m., lighted night parade down Main Street
9 a.m. to 8 p.m.., Greater Chiefland Area Chamber of Commerce Winter Christmas Festival In Trailhead Park by the Old Train Depot, U.S. Highway 19 and Southeast 2nd Avenue . The Christmas Festival Parade theme is “The Spirit of Christmas Past.” Participants are encouraged to celebrate Christmas from your favorite decade.
Entertainment: Troy Berton, Master of Ceremonies. We will be playing your seasonal favorites and our special guests will be performing throughout the day:
• John Shelton Irwin singer/writer - played & recorded with Bertie Higgins, Bo Diddley, and many others
• David “Elvis” Atkins plays/sings - plays all your favorite “Elvis” hits
• S. J. Hall plays guitar/sings - famous as “The One-armed Guitar Player” (U-tube)
• Housten Keen of Chiefland singer/writer - fast-rising Housten performs his new CD hits
• Faith Engstrom singer/writer - Faith has a beautiful voice perfect for her inspirational music - she is 13yr old sensation from a local Chiefland family.
• Karate Demonstration - you will see the real thing on our stage
• 3:30pm watch The Chiefland Police Department stage a self-defense program from their women’s R.A.D. classes by Capt. Ray Trembley
•.6 p.m. Greetings from the President of the Chiefland Chamber of Commerce
• D&D Dance Studio — Debby’s Dance Troupe - our local children are putting on a show
• 6 p.m. - 8 p.m. The Entertainment continues - meet Mr. & Mrs. Claus and enjoy the Chiefland Chamber of Commerce Festival under the lights
• "Peter Pan" at the Chief
8 p.m., Show begins. Tickets are $10 for adults and $8 for seniors, active military and youths up to 12th grade.
In Fanning Springs — Fort Fanning Historical Park:
• "Christmas Under the Stars and Boat Parade"
9 a.m., classic car show
2 p.m. to 4 p.m., Santa, toys and lots of entertainment and food
6:30 p.m., Christmas tree lighting
7 p.m., Lighted boat parade along the Suwannee River
Bring lawn chairs or blankets. Entry in the boat show is free. To participate in the lighted boat
show, call Fanning Springs City Hall at 352-463-1880 or 352-463-7222 to be placed on the list. You will need to attend the captains' meeting tonight at 6 p.m. at Fanning Springs City Hall. For more information call City Hall.
• Pageant benefits Food4Kids program
2 p.m., The Miss Heart of the USA Pageant Program will hold a pageant to benefit the "Food4Kids" program at Bronson Elementary School.
The entry fee is a $25 donation plus a minimum of 25 non-perishable food items.
The Miss Heart of the USA Pageant Program is truly a unique pageant program. We focus on teaching girls the importance of giving back to their community. The program believes a person is never too young to start and it,s never too late to get involved which is why there is an age division for everyone.
The pageant divisions, based on the contestant's age as of Jan. 1, 2014, are: Baby Miss (0-23 months), Tiny Miss (2-4 years), Little Miss (5-7), Petite Miss (8-10), Junior Miss (11-13), Teen Miss (14-16),
Miss (17-23), Ms. (24-39), Classic Ms. (40 and Up).
For more information, visit, www.missheartoftheusa.com/levycounty.
In Old Town:
• Blue Grass and Gospel show
6 - 9 p.m., An free night of Blue Grass and Gospel music at the Old Town Elementary School Auditorium, located at S.R. 349 and C.R. 55A.