- Special Sections
- Public Notices
There will be a Team Round-up Meeting Oct. 17, at 6 p.m.,with a Western theme. A final vote will be cast to decide the new theme for the 2014 Relay For Life of The Tri-Counties.
The meeting will be held at the Fanning Springs Community Building, 9929 Florida St., Fanning Springs (located behind the Cadillac Motel in Fanning Springs).
If you are interested in helping on the committee or want your questions answered, gather up your team members and make plans to attend.
The American Cancer Society has made exciting changes to the 2014 Relay For Life in the tri-county areas.
• Gilchrist, Dixie and Nature Coast Relay For Life have merged into one Relay — “The Relay For Life of The Tri-Counties”.
• The Relay For Life of The Tri-Counties will change from an 18-hour event to a 12-hour event.
• The Relay webiste went live Sept. 4.
• Each participant will register online for $10 (if you register online in September only $5 per team member). There will not be a $100 team fee.
• Participants will no longer enter money raised on their webpage, all money will be entered at the American Cancer Society office and will reflect on the team and participant page.
These changes and others are the result of Relay surveys nationwide that addressed many of the challenges our volunteers expressed. We are excited to begin the 2014 Relay season with these new changes.