- Special Sections
- Public Notices
Special to the Citizen
People in need of assistance with food stamp and Medicaid applications, blood pressure and diabetes screening, resources for elders and supplemental food will be served when the Levy County Community Outreach Team visits Inglis and Rosewood on Feb. 26.
The locations for the aid are:
• Inglis Town Hall, 135 Highway 40 West, 9-11a.m.
• Rosewood Baptist Church, 6331 S.W. 98th Terrace, Rosewood, 1-3 p.m.
The Team, which visits two locations within Levy County each month, includes representatives from the Florida Department of Children and Families, the Levy County Health Department, The Children’s Table and Elder Options. Services provided include:
• Free blood pressure and blood sugar (diabetes) screenings conducted by nurses from the Health Department.
• Food Stamp (SNAP) and Medicaid application assistance provided by representatives from the Florida Department of Children and Families.
• Canned goods and other food items distributed to eligible individuals and families in need by The Children’s Table
• Information and resources for seniors with a variety of questions, problems and concerns will be provided by Elder Options staff on site.
Over the past six months, the team has been able to connect hundreds of its neighbors. Please tell your friends and neighbors and the people where you go to work, school or church about this outreach. Folks live in a small community here in Levy County. Everyone is important, and everyone is welcome.
Local health and human service organizations that wish to reach out to people in rural portions of Levy County are welcome and strongly encouraged to join the Team. Local groups willing to conduct food drives to gather food for distribution are greatly needed.
For more information, to volunteer or to donate supplies, please contact Bill Brown with The Children’s Table at 352-486-6525.