- Special Sections
- Public Notices
March 20, 2012 8:45 a.m.
The School Board of Levy County met in Executive Session this 20th day of March 2012 at 8:45 a.m. with Chairman Paige Brookins, Cameron Asbell, Beth Davis, Robert Philpot, Rick Turner and Board Attorney Sheree Lancaster present.
Expulsion Hearing: The Board heard information regarding recommendation for expulsion. After the School Administrator, student, parents and mentor were sworn in by the Court Reporter and had each given testimony, the following actions were taken by the Board.
1) Student 12-21 (student, parent and mentor present): Rick Turner moved with second by Beth Davis to approve the recommendation of the Superintendent to expel the student from the Levy County School System for the remainder of the 2011-2012 school year and the 2012-2013 school year with the opportunity to enroll at Hilltop Alternative School. Motion carried with Cameron Asbell voting no.
REGULAR SESSION — 9:00 a..m.
At 9:00 a.m., the Board then met in regular session to continue with the remaining business of the Board.
Fast ForWord UPDATE : Linda Durrance, representing the District Instructional Team, presented to the Board an
update on the Fast ForWord Program. The Board asked questions of Mrs. Durrance, agreeing that the program has been a good investment for students in Levy County.
Minutes: Beth Davis moved with second by Cameron Asbell to approve the Minutes of the March 6, 2012 Board meeting as submitted with the Board Agenda. Motion carried.
Consent Agenda: After discussion, Robert Philpot moved with second by Cameron Asbell, to approve the following
items on the consent agenda, including additions/corrections as recommended by the Superintendent. Motion
1. GENERAL ITEMS:
a) Employee Status Changes:
1. Violet Stokes, JBES Interpreter, resignation, effective June 11, 2012.
2. Adam Gore, CHS Teacher, resignation effective March 30, 2012.
3. Cliff Harrell, WHS Teacher, resignation, effective June 11, 2012 and payment for any unused leave.
4. Daniel Evans, WHS Teacher, resignation effective June 11, 2012, and payment for any unused leave.
b) Illness-In-Line-of-Duty Leave Requests:
1. Lori McClellan, WMS Teacher, March 7, 2012 (1.5 hours).
2. Debbie Dexter, BMHS ESE Aide, March 7, 2012 (5.25 hours).
3. Aretha Sheffield, CES Teacher Aide, February 27 through March 9, 2012 (7.5 hours per day). - 2 -
c) Personal Leave in Excess of Six (6) Days Leave Request:
1. Violet Stokes, JBES Interpreter, April 6 through June 11, 2012.
d) Professional Leave Requests:
1. Dr. Rosalind Hall, Director of ESE / Student Services, April 11-13, 2012, FL Staffing Specialists Compliance Meeting, Estero, FL, paid from project #40230F2012.
2. Dr. Rosalind Hall, Director of ESE / Student Services, April 24(pm) - 26, 2012, FL DOE Matrix of Services Training, Orlando, all expenses paid by FL DOE, no cost to Board.
3. Joshua Slemp, District SEDNET Coordinator and Jeanine Joiner, District Vision Teacher, May 1 – 4, 2012, Visions Transitions Conference, Tampa/St. Pete, Mr. Slemp’s expenses paid project #40234F2012 and Ms. Joiner’s expenses paid from project #40230F2012.
4. Robert Clemons, Finance Director, June 18 – 22, 2012, Florida School Finance Officer Association Conference, Melbourne, expenses paid from project #17500.
5. Penney Bailey, CKS Teacher, amend to March 13(pm) – 16, 2012, Microsoft EXCEL 2010/2007 Training, Kennedy Space Center, paid from project #40201F2012.
6. Dr. Gina Tovine, Assistant Superintendent and Anna Kroll, District Finance Officer, March 7 and 8, 2012, Race To the Top Turnaround Grant Training, Gainesville, no cost to Board.
e) Instructional Services:
1. Contracts and/or Agreements
a) Approval of the 2012/2013 SY Agreement with College of Central Florida and the Mid
Florida Career Pathway Consortium, implementing programs for students in Levy County.
(Revised version from March 6, 2012 Board Meeting)
1. Payment of Supplements to the following personnel for supplemental activities during the 2011-2012 school year.
School, SP#, Supplement, Name Employee, Effective Date:
WHS, 215, Curriculum Facilitator, April Palmer , 08/22/11
BMHS, 600, Weightlifting, Leaundary Bell, 02/01/12