- Special Sections
- Public Notices
A man who wandered naked into a Fanning Springs convenience store late Friday night after being lured by two women into a bedroom with promises of sex, stripped of his clothing and robbed by them and a man with a machete, got the last laugh on the culprits.
It took a little translation, as the man only speaks Spanish, but he was able to tell the Levy County Sheriff's Office who the suspects are, and a trio of suspects is sitting in the Levy County Jail.
The robbery victim entered the Waco 6 convenience store at 8731 N.W. 174 St., in Fanning Springs, at about 10:45 p.m. Friday night and asked the clerk for help.
With the aid of interpreters, deputies determined he was the victim of robbers who took his clothing containing a wallet with approximately $1,000 in cash.
According to a Levy County Sheriff's Office press release, the victim was promised sex acts by the two women and when he got undressed, a man armed with a machete entered the bedroom, took the clothing and wallet and left with the women.
In the course of the investigation, Sheriff's Investigator Scott Stancill learned — through interpreters — that the victim knew the women and the information was used to locate them.
Arrested on Monday were:
• Richard Hall, 53, a registered sex offender with a Florida Department of Corrections record dating back to 1986. He is charged with robbery and bond is $100,000.
• Billie Jo Grant, 32, who is in Gilchrist County Jail on unrelated charges, while the Levy County robbery charges have been forwarded to the State Attorney's Office, and
• Sylvia Chisolm, 30, held in Levy County jail on robbery with a $75,000 bond.
Hall also goes by Richard Wayne Hall, Charles S. Hall, Charles Ha, Richard W. Hall and Rick Hall, according to the Florida Department of Law Enforcement sexual offender website. He was convicted of kidnapping and sexual battery in 1987 in Pasco County and sentenced to 27 years.
According to the Florida Department of Corrections website:
• Hall was released from prison in 1999 and in 2002 was sentenced to two years for being a felon in possession of a weapon in Dixie County and fleeing an officer at high speed in Levy County.
• He was released in 2003 and was convicted of burglary in Levy County in 2009 and sentenced to two years.
• He was released in 2010 and in 2012 in Levy County was sentenced to a year and a week for driving while his license was permanently revoked.
• He was last released from custody on June 20, 2013.
He has been living at a Levy County address since September 2013, according to the FDLE site.