- Special Sections
- Public Notices
March 5, 2013
Call to Order
Pledge to Flag
9:00 a.m. - Veterans Advocate Foundation of America, David J. Elliott, National Director
Introduction of V.A.F. and a brief description of services to the community.
10:00 a.m. - Public Comments
• Complete public comment form and submit to clerk
• State your full name and address
• Discussion must be limited to a maximum of three (3) minutes per person
County Coordinator – Fred Moody
• Presenting Letter of Agreement with Nabors, Giblin & Nickerson, P.A. for EMS, Fire Protection, Road Maintenance and Solid Waste Assessment Programs.
• Request approval to advertise a Request for Proposal (RFP) soliciting proposals from qualified firms to provide an impact fee study to update its transportation impact fee and develop a fire facilities impact fee for the County.
• Presenting proposed appointments to the Local RESTORE Act Advisory Committee.
• Request to ratify Resolution 2013-14; A resolution of the Board of County Commissioners of Levy County, Florida, expressing it’s support that the Designation of the Rural Area of Critical Economic Concern (RACEC) continue to apply to the North Central Florida region incorporating Baker, Bradford, Columbia, Dixie, Gilchrist, Hamilton, Jefferson, Lafayette, Levy, Madison, Putnam, Suwannee, Taylor and Union Counties (including the cities, towns and communities within each); providing support that all Enterprise Zones in these counties and communities continue to exist; providing support for the continuation of all staffing grant funding for the North Florida Economic Development Partnership (NFEDP) through funds appropriated by the Florida Legislature and administered through the State of Florida Department of Economic Opportunity; and providing for an effective date.
• Request a motion to accept a settlement of the Final Judgment regarding Dorlinda Gilham (Case# 38-2011CF635A) in the amount of $6764.98. This amount represents court costs and interest of $888.78, jail fees and interest of $5,876.20.
• Direction for conducting a workshop amending the hours for the sale of alcohol; time and location.
Correspondence – Karen Blackburn
• Withlacoochee Regional Planning Council is requesting approval of the appointment of Heather Davis as Alternate to serve in the Division of Vocational Rehabilitation category on the Levy County Transportation Disadvantaged Local Coordinating Board.
Planning - Shenley Neely, Planning Director
• Request a motion to approve Subordination Agreement for Barbara K. Leathers – PS #457.
Public Safety - David Knowles, Director
• Request the adoption of Resolution 2013-13 authorizing an employee firefighter training program; authorizing the County Coordinator, or his designee to execute firefighter Memoranda of Understanding on behalf of the County; to implement such program.
Road - Bruce Greenlee, Administrative Road Superintendent
• Request permission to purchase a backhoe.
• Request commission opinion of roads to be considered for applications to the SCRAP, SCOP and CIGP road grants.
Approval of Expenditures
Approval of Minutes
• Regular Meeting February 19, 2013
If a person decides to appeal any decision made by the board with respect to any matter considered at this meeting, he or she will need a record of the proceedings, and that, for such purpose, he or she may need to ensure that a verbatim record of the proceedings is made, which record includes the testimony and evidence upon which the appeal is to be based.
NOTICE REGARDING THE AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT OF 1990. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, persons needing special accommodations to participate in this proceeding should contact the OFFICE OF THE COUNTY COMMISSION no later than seven (7) days prior to the proceeding at (352) 486-5217, Bronson, Florida.