- Special Sections
- Public Notices
AGENDA REGULAR MEETING
January 22, 2013
Call to Order
Pledge to Flag
9:00 a.m. - Public Hearing
• Adopt Ordinance 2013-01 amending the schedule of Capital Improvements for Levy County as required annually by Florida Statute.
• Adoption of Resolution 2013-01 approving the petition to vacate, abandon, and close a dedicated right of way of NW 50th Avenue located in long Pond Oaks Subdivision as requested by Edmund T. and Donna D. Parada.
9:05 a.m. - Bryan W. Koon, State of Florida Director of Emergency Management
• Presenting a Senior Leadership Briefing.
9:30 a.m. - College of Central Florida – Levy Center Marilyn Ladner, Provost
• Request letter of support for the expansion of the College of Central Florida’s Levy Campus.
• Presenting update to Board on progress and future plans.
9:45 a.m. - Nature Coast Business Development Council — David Pieklik, Executive Director
• Presenting Progress Report.
10:00 a.m. - Public Comments
Complete public comment form and submit to clerk
State your full name and address
Discussion must be limited to a maximum of three (3) minutes per person
County Coordinator – Fred Moody
• Discussion and direction on mileage rates, per diem rate is currently 44.5 cent per mile as adopted with Resolution 2006-35. IRS standard mileage rates for 2013 have increased and are now 56.5 cent per mile for business miles driven.
Emergency Management – Mark S. Johnson, Director
• Request to accept the Agreement for the State Homeland Security Grant Program (SHSGP).
Levy County Transit - Connie Conley, General Manager
• Request approval for Hazard Safety and Security Plan (HSP).
• Request approval to amend the project description for 2013 5311 grant submission.
• Request approval of the revised form 424 and project description (Exhibit B) for “2012” 5316 grant application. The application was submitted January 2012, due to the lack of Federal funding we were asked to revise the initial request.
Library - Lisa Brasher, Director
• Request the appointment of Russell Wells to the PAL Library Co-Op Board for a three year term.
Public Safety - David Knowles, Director
• Request approval and Chairman’s signature on the Physio Control Technical Services Support Agreement for the annual maintenance agreement on the LifePak defibrillators/heart monitors and AEDs.
• Request Chairman’s signature on the Plum Creek Foundation grant application for the purchase of 12 new portable VHF radios.
• Request approval to replace two SUV command staff vehicles.
County Attorney – Anne Bast Brown
• Request approval of Agreement with SGC Governmental Affairs, LLC for consulting services related to the RESTORE Act.
• Discussion and direction on resolution establishing the RESTORE Act Advisory Committee.
Approval of Expenditures
Approval of Minutes — Regular Meeting January 8, 2013
If a person decides to appeal any decision made by the board with respect to any matter considered at this meeting, he or she will need a record of the proceedings, and that, for such purpose, he or she may need to ensure that a verbatim record of the proceedings is made, which record includes the testimony and evidence upon which the appeal is to be based.
NOTICE REGARDING THE AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT OF 1990. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, persons needing special accommodations to participate in this proceeding should contact the OFFICE OF THE COUNTY COMMISSION no later than seven (7) days prior to the proceeding at (352) 486-5217, Bronson, Florida.