- Special Sections
- Public Notices
From the National Weather Service
... Wind Chill Advisory in effect from 2 am to 10 am EST
The National Weather Service in Tampa Bay area - Ruskin FL has issued a Wind Chill Advisory... which is in effect from 2 am to 10 am EST Wednesday.
* Wind chill values... upper 20s to lower 30s along the I-4
corridor and lower 20s across Levy County.
* Other impacts... limit time outdoors and dress in warm layers of clothing. Remember to bring pets indoors.
A Wind Chill Advisory is issued when wind chill index values will drop to 35 or lower... except 25 or lower across the Nature Coast and Sumter County.
... Lake Wind Advisory remains in effect until 7 PM EST this
... Freeze warning now in effect from 4 am to 10 am EST
... Hard freeze watch in effect from Wednesday evening through Thursday morning...
The National Weather Service in Tampa Bay area - Ruskin FL has issued a hard freeze watch... which is in effect from Wednesday evening through Thursday morning.
* Timing... strong winds will continue through early this evening. Freezing temperatures are expected in Levy County between 4 am and 10 am Wednesday. A hard freeze is expected between 9 PM Wednesday and 9 am Thursday.
* Winds... 15 to 25 mph with gusts to 35 mph.
* Temperature... 30 to 32 degrees for 4 to 6 hours late tonight into early Wednesday morning. 24 to 27 degrees for 4 to 7 hours with temperatures below freezing for 9 to 12 hours.
* Impacts... gusty winds will lead to hazardous boating
conditions on area lakes. Freezing temperatures may damage vegetation. Residents should cover or bring indoor both plants and pets.
A freeze warning is issued for 2 or more hours of temperatures between 27 and 32 over a widespread area.
Residents should cover or move indoors any cold sensitive
plants... and bring pets indoors this evening.
A lake Wind Advisory is issued when sustained winds are forecast to be 20 to 29 mph with frequent gusts to near or above gale force for at least 3 hours. Winds of these magnitudes will create rough conditions on larger area lakes which could produce damage to... or flip... small pleasure craft.
Outdoor enthusiasts may wish to postpone lake related activities until conditions improve.
A hard freeze watch means sub-freezing temperatures are possible. These conditions could kill crops and other sensitive vegetation.