.....Advertisement.....
.....Advertisement.....

Fire destroys home, kills dog

-A A +A

A space heater is being blamed for causing a fire that destroyed a Chiefland home Dec. 12, according to Chiefland Fire Rescue officials.

Previous
Play
Next

   "We hope everyone would please be careful and use proper precautions when using space heaters,” stated CFR Asst. Chief A.D. Goodman in a press release.

   No one was hurt during the fire, but a small pet dog died as a result of the inferno.

   The fire, located at 1217 N.W. 12th Ave., was called in at 5:56 p.m., according CFR officials. Firefighters were at the home within four minutes, and the fire was put out 11 minutes later.

   Some of the home's contents were salvaged, according to the press release, but the home was a total loss.