- Special Sections
- Public Notices
An unknown assailant committed armed carjacking, aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and theft of a motor vehicle, according to a Chiefland Police Department incident report by CPD Officer Ken Hutson.
Gregory L. Meitinger, 50, of Chiefland had allowed Darrin Keith Bracewell Jr., 19, of Gainesville to use Meitinger's blue 1992 Toyota Corolla, the officer reported.
Bracewell reportedly gave a ride home to an unidentified acquaintance, whom he had met at Bubba's bar in Fanning Springs, Hutson said. He parked the car in the area of the Tommy Usher Community Center near Southwest Fourth Avenue and Fifth Street. The suspect became angry with Bracewell and brandished a knife with a four-inch blade, Hutson said.
Bracewell was ordered out of the vehicle and the thief stole the car, the alleged victim reported to the officer.
The suspect is described as a white male, about five-feet, eight-inches tall with a medium build. He has brown, shaved hair. His first name may be Justin, Josh or Jason.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the CPD at 493-6777.
CPD officers made a number of other arrests recently, including the following:
* Nicholas R. Alford, 20, of Tallahassee was arrested Nov. 25 for felonious possession of marijuana, possess of marijuana with intent to distribute and possession of drug paraphernalia.
* Douglas Cole, 38, of Naples was arrested Nov. 16 for possession of cocaine, driving while license suspended or revoked, fleeing and attempting to elude arrest and resisting arrest without violence.
* Jarrod Mastroianni, 30, of Rockledge was arrested Nov. 24 for misdemeanor possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia.
* Justin Samuel, 20, of Odessa was arrested Nov. 28 for misdemeanor possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia.
* Dewayne E. Shepherd, 45, of Chiefland was arrested Nov. 18 for driving while under the influence of alcohol and resisting arrest without violence.
* Russell W. Boos, 44, of Chiefland was arrested Nov. 14 for driving while license suspended or revoked.
* Paul O'Hara, 22, of Cross City was arrested Nov. 15 for domestic battery.
* Christy D. Moore, 19, of Chiefland was arrested Nov. 17 for driving while license suspended or revoked.